Postdoc-Workshop: Project Management in Science
Time: Fri, 25 June 2021, ca. 1h (Introduction, time will follow); Mon, 28 June 2021, 09.00–17:00 h (Workshop); Tue, 29 June 2021, 9.00–12.30 h or 13.30–17:00 h (Group coaching, either in the morning or in the afternoon)
Location: Online (via Miro and Zoom)
Target group: Postdocs from all disciplines of the UA Ruhr universities; max. 12 participants
Trainer: Dr. Karen Dittmann
Register: by 11 June 2021
Contact for organizational queries: Simon Kresmann (Graduate Center Plus)
Tighter budgets, increasing complexity due to international networking of projects, increased dynamics in the scientific environment pose new challenges for project leaders in the research sector. In addition to excellent scientific expertise, the ability to "manage" research projects is playing an increasingly important role in your academic career. In this workshop, you will learn how to organize your research group using classical and agile project management in such a way that you can "get your results on the road" faster and still produce high-quality work.
- You will learn to organize your research group in such a way that you can publish your results faster, more transparently and with a higher motivation of your team members. All this with methods that are specifically adapted to the research field.
- You will learn to structure scientific content for proposal writing.
- You will have the opportunity to exchange ideas and "network" with colleagues under the expert guidance of the trainer.
The aim of the workshop is to carry out initial project planning for your own project and to organize the work in the project team. You should already have some experience in project work.
The workshop contains the following structural elements:
- Transfer of knowledge through short presentations
- Transfer of the methods learned to your own projects
- Group coaching based on the method of collegial casework
- Content of knowledge transfer and coaching:
- Planning tools, adapted to scientific projects (e.g. phase planning, project structure plan, goal definition).
- Agile project management and Kanban
- Project management in a scientific environment: tasks, competencies, procedures
The workshop will take place virtually. The software Miro will serve as a platform, Zoom will be used for the workshop and coaching. Please provide the appropriate technical equipment (stable internet, webcam, headset, microphone, etc.). Unfortunately, audio-only participation is not possible. With your registration, you therefore agree to participate in the exchange formats with the video image switched on.
Dr. Karen Dittmann holds a doctorate in agricultural biology, is an accredited project management trainer (GPM), certified senior project manager (IPMA Level B) and coach (DBVC).
* In order to provide you with a comfortable registration process, we use registration forms of our service partner eveeno®. Please note the information on space allocation on the parent program page.