Sommerabend: Science communication in focus
What is the significance of the current discussion about science communication for researchers and research? This topic will be discussed at the Sommerabend for postdoctoral researchers and the Junior Faculty of the UA Ruhr universities on 17 June, 5.00–7.00 pm. You are most welcome to join the discussion with other scientists and with our experts from science, science communication, and science journalism.
At the Sommerabend, we hold a panel discussion with you and the invited speakers on the discussion initiated by the BMBF's policy paper on science communication in research and the responsibility of researchers in society:
- What is meant by science communication? Why is it relevant for research and researchers?
- What is the impact of this initiative on research?
- Does science communication contribute to the own research reputation? Is it also recognized as a research achievement?
- What is the significance of science communication for one's own research career?
The following experts will participate in the panel discussion:
- Prof. Dr. Julika Griem, Director of the Institute for Advanced Study in the Humanities (KWI) & vice president of the DFG
- Dr. Jan-Hendrik Kamlage, Head of the Research Group Participation and Transformation
- Beatrice Lugger, Director of the National Institute for Science Communication (NaWik) & member of the #Factory Wisskomm
- Dr. Nicolas Wöhrl, Science communicator (podcast "Methodisch inkorrekt!") & physicist
- Prof. Dr. Holger Wormer, Professor of journalism at TU Dortmund, focus on science journalism
Moderation: Prof. Dr. Wilhelm Löwenstein, Speaker of the Research Academy Ruhr
After the panel discussion, we invite you to get in touch with the speakers and each other in break-out sessions, which you can enter and leave individually.
Please register by 14 June. Details and the registration form can be found here.