Research Academy Ruhr is the joint platform of the local institutions for the promotion of early career researchers within the University Alliance Ruhr (Graduate Center Plus at the University of Duisburg-Essen, Graduate Center at TU Dortmund University, and Research School at Ruhr-Universität Bochum).
The project is funded by the Ministry of Culture and Science of North Rhine-Westphalia and the Mercator Research Center Ruhr (MERCUR) from July 2017 to 2021.
The RAR Board decides on all strategic matters of RAR and reports to the Research Council and the Coordination Council of the University Alliance Ruhr (UA Ruhr) once a year
The board is composed of:
- one professorial representative of each of the three UA Ruhr universities, including the RAR speaker
- one early career researchers' representative of each of the three UA Ruhr universities.
- one representative from each of the local institutions for the promotion of early career researchers at the three UA Ruhr universities
- The Coordinator of the UA Ruhr
- Prof. Dr. Wilhelm Löwenstein
- Prof. Dr. Gabriele Sadowski (TUDo)
- Prof. Dr. Bernd Sures (UDE)
Early Career Researchers
Representatives of the local institutions for the promotion of early career researchers
RAR Expert Committee
The expert committee advises and accompanies RAR as an independent committee. It consists of persons with an outstanding national/international expertise in the field of promoting early career researchers.
The members do not belong to any of the universities involved in the project. An overview of the appointed members of the committee can be downloaded here.
UA Ruhr Research/Coordination Council
The Research Council of UA Ruhr is working on the identification of common research profiles and fields. The committee is an important driving force for the further development of UA Ruhr. Within the Coordination Council, the Rectorates of the three universities make strategic decisions.
Further information: www.uaruhr.de