Within the Research Academy Ruhr (RAR), the Ruhr-Universität Bochum (RUB), TU Dortmund University (TUDo), and the University of Duisburg-Essen (UDE) combine and bundle their expertise and activities to promote early career researchers in the University Alliance Ruhr (UA Ruhr).
RAR is the joint platform for the coordinated cooperation of the local graduate institutions (RUB Research School, Graduate Center TU Do, and Graduate Center Plus at UDE). All activities offered under RAR's umbrella are based on close cooperation and regular exchange of experience.
The platform's set-up phase was funded by the Ministry of Culture and Science of North Rhine-Westphalia and the Mercator Research Center Ruhr (MERCUR) from July 2017 to 2021.
The RAR Board decides on all strategic matters of RAR and reports to the Research Council and the Coordination Council of the University Alliance Ruhr (UA Ruhr) once a year.
The board is composed of:
- one professorial representative of each of the three UA Ruhr universities, including the RAR speaker
- one early career researchers' representative of each of the three UA Ruhr universities.
- one representative from each of the local institutions for the promotion of early career researchers at the three UA Ruhr universities
- The Coordinator of the UA Ruhr
From the group of early career researchers' representatives:
- Julia Nase (TUDo)
- Sonja Pullen (formerly TUDo)
- Dr. Markus Richter (formerly RUB)
- Merve Schmitz-Vardar (UDE)
- Dorte Hühnert-Hugendubel (UDE)
RAR Expert Committee
The expert committee advises and accompanies RAR as an independent committee. It consists of persons with an outstanding national/international expertise in the field of promoting early career researchers.
The members do not belong to any of the universities involved in the project. The committee conducted a virtual site visit of the RAR on 2 December 2020. An overview of the committee members can be downloaded here (PDF, in German).
UA Ruhr Research Council & UA Ruhr Coordination Council
The Research Council of UA Ruhr is working on the identification of common research profiles and fields. The committee is an important driving force for the further development of UA Ruhr. Within the Coordination Council, the Rectorates of the three universities make strategic decisions.
Further information: www.uaruhr.de